From Goal to Goal: Brittany Hodson

You can find her on the field hockey field, the lacrosse field, or even in the Graphic Communications class room.  “(She) is an awesome goalie, and an awesome person, and she is always there for the team: varsity and JV,”  commented Sarah Golba (‘16). Brittany Hodson is a senior here at North Point and is in the Graphics Communications program. Hodson explained that, “I really enjoy drawing and designing things and they also cover photography, which is awesome.” Brittany is also the varsity goalie for both the field hockey and lacrosse teams this season.

Her lacrosse career started her freshman year and since then she has been on the varsity team. “I actually never even really thought about being a goalie,” Brittany recalled, “I volunteered to be the goalie because no one else wanted to do it.” However, if Brittany wasn’t playing goalie she would play defense or mid field, “I really enjoy running, I also played those positions last year as well,” she stated.  Ms. Fair is the head coach for both the varsity lacrosse and field hockey team and stated that Brittany “Is always willing to help out the younger players and she makes sure the team is working together. She also makes sure everyone is doing their job on the field with positive enforcement while running the field of play.”

Brittany has been on varsity field hockey since her freshman year as well. Coach Fair recalled that her best memory of “Brittany was the first time she came to school showing off her bruises in shorts and cowboy boots. She looked like she had been in a rodeo. But she loved it and it showed me how much she loves her sports.”

“On the first day of field hockey Brittany really helped me with my stopping, and she gave pointers on how to stop better and she said that with practice I would get better and she always gave me confidence,” Stephaney Smith (’15) recalled and added, “She is an angel.”

However with Brittany’s senior year coming to a close it is time for her to say good-bye to her teachers, teammates, and friends. “The school spirit and how everyone is involved. That is definitely something that I will miss.” Brittany stated.  Starting next fall Brittany will be attending Arcadia University. “I choose Arcadia because they had all four majors that I was looking for,” Hodson explained, “and I was also recruited to play both field hockey and lacrosse as well.”  Everyone on the team is definitely sad to see Brittany leave, I will miss her desire to always win and play her best, also her competitive and sportsmanlike attitude. I will miss her quiet leadership and her creativity.”

“She’s someone I can look up to, it will be sad to see her go to college next year,” Brianna Daniels (’15) commented.

From Goal to Goal: Brittany Hodson