Justice League or Superman’s return?

Maya Miller, Staff Writer

Justice League is the sequel to DC Universe’s March 2016 movie Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice directed by Zack Synder, a well-known director for movies, Man of Steel and Wonder Woman. With a score of 7.2/10 on IMDb, Justice League has certainly earned a spot next to its predecessors. Starring Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Ezra Miller, and Henry Cavill, this action-packed film will leave fans wanting more. “I liked it as far as an action movie goes. It could have been way better though, everything happened a little too fast and the story was kind of stale,” confesses Senior Nick Deeble.

The setting takes place with Gotham City’s Bruce Wayne, who must put together a team to battle a threat long since forgotten. Joining Wayne is Wonder Woman, Kid Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman, each with a past that will either bring them together or destroy them once and for all. With the death of Superman still railing minds, fans were waiting anxiously for the Man of Steel to rise from the dead and fight alongside his destined team. “I think it was good but the only thing bad about is that it seemed a little too rushed. Marvel had more development over time while DC is the opposite,” says Senior Jalen Williams. With new challenges to face and enemies lurking at every corner, the Justice League will need their courage and each other in order to meet these challenges head-on.

With a budget of $300 million and a box office of $567.4 million, the movie may not have surpassed Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman box office of $821.8 million, but was still as thrilling as the superpowered heroine. The movie was full of surprises, and also added three new faces to the big screen including Aquaman, who will star in his own movie in December 2018.

Compared to David Ayer’s August 2016 movie Suicide Squad which ranked 6.1/10 on IMDb and Snyder’s Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice with a score of 6.6/10, Justice League will certainly serve as a comeback for DC Universe fans and those of Marvel Studio.

• Top Stories

Maya Miller

• Top Stories

Warren Whitaker

• Top Stories

Kristina Dawkins

• Top Stories

Julius Vaunado

• Top Stories

Kevin Rohrbaugh

• Top Stories

Kaseem Bennett

• Justice League or Superman’s return?

Sports

North Point Softball Makes An Impact in 2017

• Justice League or Superman’s return?

Sports

North Point Baseball Finishes A Strong Regular Season

• Justice League or Superman’s return?

Beyond the Nest

Is Protesting Trendy?

• Justice League or Superman’s return?

Sports

North Point Girls Dethrone Severna Park

Justice League or Superman’s return?