Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

Arianna Howard, Editor-in-Chief

After twenty-six years, “Beauty and the Beast” has finally gotten its own live-action remake. After movies such as “Cinderella,” “The Jungle Book,” and “Sleeping Beauty” all received their own live-action films, in addition to a promise of “Mulan” in the future, it was obviously time that the 1991 Disney classic had its second chance to be on the big screen, especially in RealD 3D and IMAX.

Not only did “Beauty and the Beast” return to theaters, but it also featured some big-name actors to portray the beloved characters of the movie. “Harry Potter” star Emma Watson will be in the spotlight as Belle, with “Downton Abbey” actor Dan Stevens beside her as The Beast. As well as those two, other cast members include Luke Evans (as Gaston), known for “Dracula” and “The Hobbit,” Sir Ian McKellan (as Cogsworth) whose past films include “Lord of the Rings,” “X-Men,” and “The Hobbit.”

The school is filled with Disney fans, one of which is Christian Price (’18). “I loved every second of it,” Price gushed. “It was, in some aspects, even better than the original. It keeps you entranced throughout the entire film.” When asked how this remake stacked up to the original film, Price replied, “It didn’t feel like they were trying to change it. It felt like they were just trying to deepen the plot and strengthen the first one. You learn a lot more about Beast and the story becomes a lot more complex.” On the topic of Disney’s other live-action remakes, Price said, “Sometimes they’re a let down. It often feels like they’re trying to completely redo the movie and it ends up completely different instead of an improvement to the original.”

So far, “Beauty and the Beast” is faring very well on the box office. After only its opening weekend, the movie has already grossed $170,000,000, surpassing its $160,000,000 budget. It currently has a Metascore of 65 and 7.9 out of 10 stars on IMDb. It has a PG rating (for some action violence, peril, and frightening images) and a 2 hour and 3 minutes running time, the perfect movie to go see this weekend! Go get your tickets today and see this incredible film!

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

Beyond the Nest

Is Protesting Trendy?

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

Sports

North Point Girls Dethrone Severna Park

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

A&E

Chamber Choir Performs At The Kennedy Center

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

Beyond the Nest

Dear White People

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

Top Stories

School Issues Survey

• Top Stories

Universities Importance in the Eyes of Student’s

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

Top Stories

Tips on Staying Safe During the Winter

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

Beyond the Nest

Women’s Rights Are Human Rights

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

A&E

Atlanta Wins At The Golden Globes

• Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined

Beyond the Nest

Syria was pleading. Why did We Ignore Them?

Tale as Old as Time – Reimagined