The Social Network

The Social Network

“You don’t get to 500 million friends without making a few enemies.” The New fall movie The Social Network depicts the story of how Mark Zuckerberg became the youngest billionaire in history for creating Facebook as a college sophomore. Jesse Eisenberg (Zombieland, and Adventureland) plays Zuckerberg in this clever film about how one decision changed his life forever.

The film follows former Harvard student, Zuckerberg, as he is approached by twins, Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, with an idea to start a new website that allows students to view other student’s bios and photos. Zuckerberg agrees to help out, but once he starts the project, he realizes that he can create something bigger than Myspace or Friendster and something that more people would find “cool”. He forgets about Winklevoss twins and pursues idea with the help of his best friend Eduardo Saverin as CEO of Facebook.

Using his real life experiences, Zuckeberg is able to create addicting Facebook application. After noticing that students took certain classes and sat in certain seats for a chance to meet a girl, Zuckerberg created “relation status” and “interest in.” Now people do not waste time waiting and they can just check out someone’s Facebook for what is most important, whether they are single or not.

Zuckerberg was all smiles when he officially launched the website Facebook, but that happiness was quickly demolished once the Winklevoss twins heard about the “original” new website. Within the blink of an eye, Zuckerberg found himself stuck in the middle of two lawsuits. Although, Facebook’s members have been climbing by the millions, Zuckerberg’s friend list is quickly falling.

This film keeps viewers intrigued by the fascinating information, and has them laughing at the wit and cleverness of Zuckerberg. Full of egos, backstabbing, and jokes, The Social Network will have you hooked.

Who knows? Maybe the next Mark Zuckerberg is here at North Point.

The Social Network