McKenzie Cutter Signs to Seton Hall

McKenzie Cutter Signs to Seton Hall

On Thursday, November 11th, Mckenzie Cutter’s (‘11) dream came true as she signed a letter of intent to Seton Hall University. “We’re excited and very proud of her,” stated her mother, Melissa Cutter.

Her hard work and dedication to North Point’s Varsity co-ed Golf team earned her a division one scholarship that covers 90 % of her tuition; 65% for golf and 25% for academics. “Its exciting that all my hard work has paid off,” exclaimed the future college athlete who plans on studying either Pre-Medicine or Chemistry.

Cutter has been playing golf since the tender age of six. As one of the few girls to win a Southern Maryland Athletics Conference title, she has been honored as the Mid-Atlantic Player of the Year and has been named North Point’s MVP throughout her freshman, sophomore, and junior years.“I like the competition. As a competitive person, I enjoy getting to compete at an equal level with others,” stated the star athlete who sees herself going pro. “I don’t know what I’d be doing if I wasn’t playing golf.”

“There is no doubt that she’s going to succeed,” added Coach Jones. After working with her, he and Coach Skinner both agree that her drive will lead her to achieve whatever she sets her mind to. “No one has worked harder to achieve as much as she has. She puts in time to be successful,”stated Jones. “She’s just an outstanding athlete. She’s proved that hard work can pay off and a lot can learn from her.”

To prepare herself for the next step, Cutter will continue to practice as mush as she can. “She’ll have to play everyday to prepare, just as she has been doing,” advised Athletic Director, Coach Johnson. The excited young athlete plans to remain dedicated and is looking forward to her enrollment into Seton Hall University’s class of 2015.

McKenzie Cutter Signs to Seton Hall