Eagles Swat Hornets

On Wednesday January 25, the Eagles Men’s Basketball team took on the Hornets of Great Mills in St Mary’s County.  The Eagles came into the game soaring high after a double digit win over McDonough.

North Point came out strong as the team put up a staggering thirty points in the first quarter.  The second quarter was the same as they outscored their opponent by fourteen to take a 52-24 lead at halftime.

In the second half of the game, the Eagles continued to play their aggressive full court press to keep the Hornets from any type of comeback.  The rest of the game was about maintaining the lead and that is what the Eagles did by beating the Hornets 87-61. With this win, the Eagles improve to 13-2 on the season.

Distribution of the ball was wonderful as seven players scored five or more points.  Leading the way for the Eagles was starting forward Naim Muhammad (’13) with 21 points, including a third quarter alley-oop from teammate Tre Mouton (’12).

Coach Ball was happy with the win, but still feels there is room for improvement. “We worked hard this game, but there are still many areas we need to improve on for the playoffs this year.” One of those areas was free throws, as the Eagles went thirteen for 26 at the free throw line. As a smaller team, Ball believes rebounding is very important for his team to succeed. “There are times when we need to turn up the intensity.” Coach Ball is known for his pressure defense that causes havoc on opposing teams.

Eagles Swat Hornets