She Shoots, She Scores!

She Shoots, She Scores!

She kicks and all that can be heard is a loud THUD that rings along the whole stadium. It’s North Point vs. McDonough fighting for the ball. Within the first ten minutes North Point already has one goal from  #20 Kyra Cook (’15). The crowd could just tell that the team was determined and ready to win. Lindsay Greene (’13) noted “One of my favorite parts of soccer is that I can show off.” And that is just what these girls did.

The captains of the girl’s soccer varsity team are Briana Williams (’13) and Lindsay Greene (’13). A few players that spectators can look out for on the field are Sydney Patterson (’14), Sydney Perry (’13), and Briana Williams (’13) on the defensive line. Some players on the offensive line to look out for are Taylor Love (’15), Brianna Hodges (’14), and Abbey Mosedale (’15). However, the stunning fact is that two freshmen are on the team: Morgan Knowlan (’16) and Lauren Gibbs (’16). Knowlan says, “It’s unbelievable; I get to play with 16 and 17 year olds. I’m a lot farther ahead then everyone else my age.”

But on Tuesday, October 9it was the sophomores who were on fire. Members of the Class of 2015 scored all six points that the team earned during the game against McDonough. With their quick feet and never-ceasing headers, it was no surprise that North Point won. The goal scorers were Kyra Cook (’15) with three, Taylor Love (‘15) with two, and Abbey Mosedale (’15) with the last.

Of the goals McDonough attempted to make, all were blocked by goalie Lindsay Greene, who apparently did an excellent job of showing off her skills, which she has honed since middle school.

It was obvious that the players were “in the zone” during the game. Captain Briana Williams (’13) said, “When I’m in the zone, I can hear no one. Even my mom yells at me and I tone her out.” The other captain Lindsay Greene (‘13) said, “When I’m in the zone I play and it comes naturally.”

The captains of the girl’s soccer varsity team are Briana Williams (’13) and Lindsay Greene (’13). A few players that spectators can look out for on the field are Sydney Patterson (’14), Sydney Perry (’13), and Briana Williams (’13) on the defensive line. Some players on the offensive line to look out for are Taylor Love (’15), Brianna Hodges (’14), and Abbey Mosedale (’15). However, the stunning fact is that two freshmen are on the team: Morgan Knowlan (’16) and Lauren Gibbs (’16). Knowlan says, “It’s unbelievable; I get to play with 16 and 17 year olds. I’m a lot farther ahead then everyone else my age.

She Shoots, She Scores!