Student Athlete: Kelly Martin

Student Athlete: Kelly Martin

Kelly Martin is a junior who plays Girl’s Lacrosse and is on the swimming team. Martin is a 4.1 G.P. A. student as well.

When it comes to homework, Martin is trying to get ahead and study to make sure that her grades stay up. “Always keep ahead on your work; it’s easier to balance school and sports when you on track with everything,” Martin explains. ” And utilize NEST to do homework and ask for help.”

Martin is also a member of National Honor Society and the treasurer of the Student Government Association. “I have been the treasurer for SGA for two years and I was just recently inducted to NHS last spring,” Martin stated.

During the winter season Martin experienced her first year of competing on the Swim Team. Martin swam freestyle and back stroke.  “The best thing about the swimming season was when I got 8 seconds off of my 100 back race,” Martin commented. “It was so awesome [to see] how much I had improved.”

However, Martin explains that while it is fun to play sports, athletes must also be careful. “Don’t get frustrated when you aren’t that good at first because it’s new to you,” Martin said. “It will come in time and hard work. Have patience and perseverance.”  The same concept applies for lacrosse.

“I have played lacrosse for four years now,” Martin explains. “I normally play attack (offense) or midfield.” The best memory for Martin was when she fully recovered from an ACL tear. “It was so great to be back playing with my team,” Martin recalled.

“Kelly is an awesome person. She is someone that is really easy to talk to and is a hard worker.  And she is awesome when it comes to sports and grades,” Phoebe Walker (’16) stated.

Student Athlete: Kelly Martin