Half Time Show

Red flags and instruments crowded the North Point football field on September 27, as the school’s band opened up the halftime show. “My favorite part of the show was the band’s performance. I really liked the songs they played!” said John Dee (’15) who was one of very many spectators at Friday’s show.

Next up were the Pom dancers that had the crowd fairly engaged with their selection of songs, which included “Love More” by Chris Brown and “Tom Ford” by Jay Z. The performance definitely had Michael Duke (’15) amped up. “I thought the routine was really good. It was definitely my favorite part of the show.”

After the Poms girls left the field, JROTC and the North Point homecoming nominees for king and queen took their place on the field. The nominees for homecoming queen were each asked to grab a rose. The roses were covered so the color could not be seen. The nominees for homecoming king were asked to do the same with a medallion. The nominee with a white rose was crowned queen and the nominee with the medallion that said king was crowned king. Ashley Henderson (’14) unveiled a white rose and Nathanial Corsey (’14) unveiled the king medallion. They were then selected as homecoming king and queen, additionally each of the nominees on the field received a crown of their own. The crowd erupted into applause as the nominees left the field and the conclusion of the game began.

Half Time Show