Homecoming Dance

What better way to end the first quarter than going to homecoming? One of the biggest events of the year hit North Point this past weekend. Homecoming gives students the chance to dress up and have a night full of dancing, music and pictures with friends.

The theme this year was Masquerade/Mardi Gras. The excitement started even before the dance, when students received their tickets accompanied with a mask of their choice. North Point’s student government association (SGA) turned the gym into a center full of dazzling decorations. Sophomore, Dejah Napper (’13) said that she really liked the set up, decorations and theme. The gym had a huge balloon arch that students could pose under and take pictures with.

One surprising new addition to homecoming was the photo booth. “I really enjoyed the opportunity at the photo booth with my friends,” said Mandi Blades (‘12). The photo booth was able to hold up to ten people, which was easier for the big groups who wanted everyone in the picture. The booths also had dress up hats and accessories to make the photos a little more fun.

Though many students were nominated for the Homecoming Court, Connor Crowell (’11) and Rhea Weldon (’11) were crowned King and Queen. Crowell and Weldon were able to show off their victory at the dance, wearing their crowns and red sashes.

The music this year had everyone on the dance floor throughout the entire night. The crowd seemed pleased with the variety of music which involved everything from Ke$ha’s “Your Love is my Drug” to Cali Swag District’s “Teach Me How to Dougie.”

Each year, our SGA finds a new way to make Homecoming even better than the last one. For everyone who missed out on Homecoming, there’s always next year.

Homecoming Dance