Bullying Ends Now

Everyone knows that bullying is a huge problem worldwide.  Some people may think that over the years, it’s starting to regress. But the reality is this: bullying hasn’t gone anywhere.

Statistics show that bullying over time has actually increased because of this era’s inescapable social media. With that comes the most recent form of bullying: cyber bullying.

Cyber bullying is any type of bullying that is carried out by electronic medium such as text messages, picture/video clips , e-mails , chat-rooms , instant messages , and websites . Bullying is a very serious matter and it won’t stop until someone takes a big step and teaches kids that it is okay to tell when someone is hurting them.

Growing up a little bit “different” from everyone else is how my bullying started. I was that person who was hiding and not wanting to tell anyone how I felt. Over the years, however, I learned that if I wanted to have a good life, I had to start living it for myself and not for other people. We shouldn’t care about what other people think, but at the same time, we have to have the will to come forward and say something. Otherwise, it never stops.

As a victim of bullying I know that coming forward can be difficult because most people are scared of what the bullies are going to do if they find out. I can guarantee that there is some bullying that takes place at North Point; I’ve witnessed it first-hand. I believe that students should face bigger consequences if they are the bully, and if they aren’t, they should be rewarded for coming forward, because it isn’t an easy thing to do.

The problem could even be solved with an anonymous drop box where victims of bullying can report their stories. Trusted sources, both students and adults, could work with victims to solve their issue. Students must know that they aren’t alone, because feeling alone and empty is what usually leads kids to suicide, or suicidal thoughts.

Although efforts at the school level will not solve bullying worldwide, we can definitely make a difference on a smaller scale. As it stands, the situation is unacceptable.

Bullying Ends Now